INFORMATION REGARDING THE IVF/ET 2015-2016 SUBPROGRAM
As part of the press release from 26.05.2015, the Ministry of Health has announced the list of clinics that have been included in the IVF/ET subprogram for 2015-2016 period.
Columna Medical Center (SC Life Line-Medical Center Srl) has been included in this program, thusly patients who meet the eligibility criteria as detailed in HMO 386/31.03.2015 with appendices, may choose our clinic in order to perform the in vitro fertilization procedure.
WHY CHOOSE COLUMNA MEDICAL CENTER – IVF ACADEMY?
- We have the greatest team of specialists in assisted human reproduction in Romania: 15 specialists;
- We are pioneers in the field of assisted human reproduction in Romania – the first pregnancy obtained by the Columna specialists was in the year 1998;
- The specialists from the Columna Medical Center team have a wide experience in the field of assisted human reproduction: over 120 years of combined experience;
- 3 of the 5 senior embryologist from Romania are in Columna Medical Center, 2 of the senior embryologist (doc. Diana Cocei and doc . Monica Dascalescu) are the first 2 persons who have achieved this title in Romania;
- State-of-the-art IVF laboratory, equipped in compliance with the latest standards in the field, monitored 24/7
- The rate of success at the level of famous European clinics;
- individualized and personalized treatment for every couple, multidisciplinary approach;
- IVF without risks: no severe OHSS case (ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome) in the last years;
- Prestigious specialists in related fields such as: endocrinology, hematology, cardiology, urology, diabetes, nutrition and metabolic diseases, internal medicine, neurology, psychology, dermato-venerology, infectious disease.
PROGRAM BENEFICIARIES (ACCORDING TO HMO 386/31.03.2015)
- infertile couples, defined as couples who do not have the capacity to reproduce without the use of anti – birth control methods, during one year of unprotected sexual activity or are diagnosed with a disorder incompatible with natural reproduction, awarded by an obstetrics – gynecology specialist physician with competence in the treatment of the couple’s infertility and medical assisted human reproduction .
- infertility couples that have indication to perform the IVF/ET procedure
- Couple members who are insured in accordance to the provisions of art. 211 par. (1) from Law no. 95/2006 regarding the reform in the field of health, with subsequent alterations and augmentations;
- autologous couple (excludes, ovocyte or sperm donation, or surrogate mother);
- women with the age between 24 and 40 years;
- woman’s body mass index with values between 20 and 25;
- ovarian reserve within normal limit proven by a AMH value greater than AMH > 1,1 ng/ml.
PROCEDURE FOR INCLUSION IN THE SUBPROGRAM OF ELIGIBLE BENEFICIARIES:
- The couple submits the file at the headquarters of SC Life Line Medical Center SRL (Columna Medical Center)
- Upon file submission moment, the person who takes it over verifies the existence of all the necessary documents and their validity in compliance to the provisions of HMO 386/31.03.2015. Only complete files are accepted, namely those containing all the necessary documents in the validity period.
- The file is registered in a special registry in chronological order, and the patient is issued a notice which states the date of submitting and the submitted file order number.
- The files submitted during a month are assessed by the special commission designated by Columna Medical Center that assembles on the 5th of every month for the previous month. The file assessment result is stated in a minute which, after being signed by all the commission present members, is recorded and kept at the medical unit headquarters.
- The commission approves the file that has all the legal stated conditions for inclusion in the subprogram, in chronological order, registering files and in the limit of available funds for this destination. In case the requests of inclusion in the IVF/ET subprogram exceed the approved funds, the commission shall prepare a waiting list that is recorded and is kept at the medical unit headquarters
- The file assessment result is communicated in writing at the mailing address. The evaluation result may be:
- file approved by mentioning the programing date for initiating the IVF/ET procedure;
- file approved and recorded in the waiting list by specifying the order number; in case the assigned funds allow the initiation of IVF/ET procedure, the medical unit notifies the requesting couple about the appointment date;
- unapproved file by motivating this decision
- In case the ovarian stimulation protocol prior to the IVF/ET procedure is not initiated in 90 days’ time as of recording the decision with the medical unit, the decision loses its validity
DOCUMENTS necessary FOR THE FILE:
1.1. request for inclusion in the IVF/ET subprogram (available here) signed by the couple’s members that shall mandatory include the following data:
1.1.1. identification data for the couple’s members: first and last name, personal identification number, type of identity paper, identity document series and number, date of its issuing and issuing body;
1.1.2. address of residency;
1.1.3. mobile telephone number;
1.1.4. correspondence address;
1.2. copies of the identity document of couple’s members;
1.3. Certificates issued by the health insurance chamber which state the quality of insured party in the health social insurances for the couple’s members or any other documents in accordance to the law that prove the status of insured person;
1.4. Medical certificate issued by the family physician which states the woman’s height, weight and body mass index – documents issued 60 days prior to submitting the file;
1.5. medical documents that state the result of a minimum set of investigations performed to establish the diagnosis, therapeutic indications and medical risks belonging to the requesting couple in accordance to appendix no. IV.11 to the current appendix to the technical standards, that are an integral part of the latter;
1.6.a medical document that states the medical indication to perform the IVF/ET procedure, in accordance to the provisions of appendix no. IV.10 to the current appendix, issued by an obstetrics – gynecology specialist physician with competence in the treatment of couple infertility and medically assisted human reproduction, issued maximum 60 days prior to submitting the file;
1.7. Affidavit stating that the requesting party has submitted a single file at the headquarters of a single medical unit that performs the IVF/ET subprogram and that they have not benefited in the past of another procedure financed from the Ministry of Health budget; the statement provides the following sentence “Under the sanction applied to the deed of forgery and use of forgery in public documents, in compliance with the Criminal Code provisions, I hereby state that the data in the affidavit are correct and complete.
1.8. list of file documents (available here);
INDICATIONS FOR PERFORMING THE IVF/ET PROCEDURE, IN AUTOLOG CASES, EXCLUDING THE DONATION OF OVOCYTES.
1. Absence or obstruction of both uterine tubes;
2. Severe masculine pathology – under 5 million sperm cells with progressive mobility or under 4% of sperm cell with abnormal morphology;
3. Infertility of any other etiology, including one of unidentified cause, if the conventional treatments have not yielded any result (failure of obtaining a pregnancy after a minimum of 3 cycles of ovarian stimulation with intrauterine insemination);
4. Endometriosis in advanced III-IV stages.
REIMBURSEMENT ACTIVITIES WITHIN THE SUBPROGRAM
- sampling ovocytes by follicular puncture, performed under local anesthesia or sedation, as the case may be
- sperm processing;
- inseminating ovocytes for spontaneous fertilization;
- cultivating embryos for 72 hours;
- embryonic transfer;
- monitoring the case’s evolution, consisting in:
- performing a ß HCG blood test after 2 weeks from the embryonic transfer;
- gynecologist consult and ultrasound at 6 weeks from the performance of the activities stated in item 3, if the ß HCG test is negative;
- pregnancy ultrasound monitoring at 6 weeks from the performance of activities at item 3 if the ß HCG test is positive.
The value of medical services other than those stated at title B items 1-6 performed at the recommendation of our specialist for the purpose of additional evaluation, improving the rate of success or prevention of some complications is supported by the beneficiaries at the fees established by the medical unit displayed in a visible location, for which a fiscal document is issued, in accordance to legal provisions in force, with indication of the performed service.
THE LIST OF MEDICAL SERVICES NOT INCLUDED IN THE REIMBURSEMENT FROM THE FUNDS ASSIGNED TO THE PROGRAM, COMPRISE, WITHOUT BEING LIMITED TO:
- preliminary paraclinical investigations (established by each medical unit in accordance to their own protocol, if disorders are noticed that may affect the evolution of the treatment or the pregnancy)
- monitoring treatment for ovarian stimulation;
- general anesthesia for sampling ovocytes;
- ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm cell injection);
- cultivating embryos more than 72 hours to the stage of blastocyst;
- genetic diagnosis of embryos;
- cryopreservation of ovocytes, sperm or embryos;
- surgical sampling of sperm cells.
TRANSPARENcy in performing the IVF/ET 2015-2016 SUBPROGRAM
IVF/ET subprogram file status
||September, October, November, December
|Files on the waiting list
|Number of IVF/ET performed
|Cases monitored 6 weeks after ET